One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Lux is a photometric unit, rather than a radiometric unit, which means that it takes into account the basic physics of energy and radiation, but also includes the physics of the human eye.’
- ‘After all, the stars of the best forensic science shows are often the equipment - DNA sequencers, mass spectrometers, photometric fingerprint illuminators, scanning electron microscopes and the like.’
- ‘In a related test, the Florida Solar Energy Center also evaluated the influence of different photometric control sensors.’
- ‘This cannot be a simple application of the photometric and radiometric test methods used for other conventional light sources, for several reasons.’
- ‘In this study, the consequences of finite excitation flash duration are analyzed using computer simulations, and a method for the recovery of phosphorescence decay times from complex photometric signals is presented.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.