One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the intensity of light.
- ‘When we measure the luminous intensity of a lamp with a photometer, for example, the lamp current and color temperature are quantities of the measurement equation.’
- ‘Sun photometers measure how difficult it is for sunlight to pass through the Earth's atmosphere as it interacts with pollution particles, which reduce the amount of light and energy reaching the Earth's surface.’
- ‘AERONET is a global network of more than 100 sun photometers that measure the amount of sunlight absorbed by aerosols (fine particles in the air) at wavelengths from ultraviolet to infrared.’
- ‘At least 500 cells from plasmolysed and control cells were compared, using the photometer coupled to the Zeiss Axioplan microscope, which converts fluorescence intensity to exposure time for photomicrography.’
- ‘Special test patterns are designed for use with instrumentation such as color analyzers, photometers, waveform monitors, and oscilloscopes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.