Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A photographic pattern used in making microcircuits, ultraviolet light being shone through the mask onto a photoresist in order to transfer the pattern.
matte, photomask, shadow mask, masking, masking tapeView synonyms
- ‘Like the technologies used to create the photomasks and microchips, quality assurance tools such as mask and wafer inspection systems are both costly and challenging.’
- ‘Microlithography projects a pattern from a photomask through an optical system to create IC chips using ultraviolet laser light.’
- ‘It appears that the costs of not only tools but of photomasks are poised to skyrocket.’
- ‘Now two companies have introduced nanomachining systems they say will open up the ability to deal with tiny technologies like quantum dots and photomasks for lithography.’
- ‘In addition, conventional optical pellicles used to protect the photomasks and the image plane will not work for EUV masks.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.