Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A photographic pattern used in making microcircuits, ultraviolet light being shone through the mask onto a photoresist in order to transfer the pattern.
matte, photomask, shadow mask, masking, masking tapeView synonyms
- ‘In addition, conventional optical pellicles used to protect the photomasks and the image plane will not work for EUV masks.’
- ‘It appears that the costs of not only tools but of photomasks are poised to skyrocket.’
- ‘Like the technologies used to create the photomasks and microchips, quality assurance tools such as mask and wafer inspection systems are both costly and challenging.’
- ‘Microlithography projects a pattern from a photomask through an optical system to create IC chips using ultraviolet laser light.’
- ‘Now two companies have introduced nanomachining systems they say will open up the ability to deal with tiny technologies like quantum dots and photomasks for lithography.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.