The decomposition or separation of molecules by the action of light.
- ‘Phosphorylation spectra are not disturbed by photolysis signals because photolysis is complete before recording of the first spectrum used in the subtraction.’
- ‘To the best of our knowledge, no spectral and compositional data have ever been directly and simultaneously obtained for anthracene photolysis in solid particulate matter.’
- ‘The photolysis of diatomic ligands from heme iron has been used to study ligand rebinding kinetics and protein relaxation processes in a number of heme proteins.’
- ‘This reaction should take place in darkroom conditions to protect the aryl azide from photolysis.’
- ‘These compounds are generated by photolysis of atoms and simpler chemical compounds.’