Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The art or practice of communicating news by photographs, especially in magazines.
- ‘He will graduate with a major in computer science and a minor in philosophy, and he plans to pursue his interest in freelance photography and photojournalism.’
- ‘I think that photojournalism doesn't really work that well online because the web makes it too easy to click through the pages.’
- ‘His photographs achieve a delicate balance between photojournalism and fine art photography.’
- ‘Galleries and photographers are selling photojournalism as fine art and they are selling special effects photography as fine art.’
- ‘Many years later, photographers with hand-held cameras that used sheet and roll film turned photojournalism into a gripping art form.’
- ‘We only ask that the portfolio falls within the boundary of photographic reportage: including photojournalism, documentary photography and portraiture.’
- ‘If the web had been available to Henry Luce when he started LIFE Magazine, how would photojournalism have evolved?’
- ‘I think it is fair to say that he was the founder of photojournalism and the magazine soon became known for its vivid photographs.’
- ‘If some of the photography on view is open to the charge of being photojournalism rather than art, the work of Jeff Wall clearly stands apart from reportage.’
- ‘Gatekeeping is an integral part of photojournalism: the photographer decides how to frame an image and the exact instance at which to open the shutter.’
- ‘Stoddart avoids the staple tool of photojournalism, the telephoto lens.’
- ‘Print and broadcasting, broadsheet and tabloid newspapers, photojournalism, TV, and radio are all different.’
- ‘In Bangalore, her exhibition has four parts: portraits, photojournalism, landscapes and art photos.’
- ‘He sees them as a way to extend photojournalism's reach, and to expand the photojournalist's reporting role.’
- ‘His first picture was published in the Evening Times and kicked off a career that encompasses both photojournalism and celebrity portraiture.’
- ‘The summer internship at the News Desk at Getty Images New York follows, where he will receive first hand experience in photojournalism in a working news agency.’
- ‘It is less a history than a survey of the usage of photojournalism as practiced by the famous and the obscure.’
- ‘The Observer itself has an unrivalled reputation for its use of photography and photojournalism and this has been underlined by two recent awards.’
- ‘But you don't want that experience while watching the news at 8 or looking at photojournalism in a newspaper.’
- ‘Ask questions about the crafts of copy-editing, photojournalism, illustration, graphics, design, and new media.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.