One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ionization produced in a medium by the action of electromagnetic radiation.
- ‘This oxidizing process leads to the formation of a guanine radical cation, similar to that formed by DNA photoionization which may be considered as the main intermediate in DNA oxidation.’
- ‘Firstly, there is no charge separation or corresponding Coulomb attraction barrier, because the electron is ejected and hydrated in the bulk directly by photoionization.’
- ‘T-rays have low photon energies and will not cause harmful photoionization in biological tissues.’
- ‘The following interesting features should shed some light on the mechanism of photoionization in duplex DNA.’
- ‘Moreover, this spectrum is strikingly similar to the terminal spectrum measured after photoionization of the isolated PYP chromophore in solution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.