One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The art or practice of taking and processing photographs.
Modern photography is based on the property of silver compounds decomposing to metallic silver when exposed to light. The light-sensitive salts are held in an emulsion (in color film, layers of emulsion) usually mounted on transparent roll film
- ‘Magic awaits in the two upstairs galleries, the magic that makes up the art of photography.’
- ‘On his return he purchased his first Leica camera and began to explore photography on the streets.’
- ‘Time is aiming it at graphic designers and those working with digital photography.’
- ‘In many ways, I think the article applies to photography in magazines generally.’
- ‘The firm has just branched out into doing canvas prints and fine art photography.’
- ‘He enjoyed photography and liked to take still life shots and photographs of the countryside.’
- ‘More importantly, food photography allows Tony to indulge in his passion for art.’
- ‘The main character's a photographer so there's quite a bit of photography going on in the movie.’
- ‘His new art of photography had demonstrated its promise but had remained in a drawer during this period.’
- ‘That explains why she tried so hard to achieve the effect of painting in photography.’
- ‘This is photography as an art form as you will never have seen it before.’
- ‘Now she is in her second year at Dun Laoghaire Art College, studying photography.’
- ‘At this time the influence of the cinema began to influence both still photography and painting.’
- ‘What I love about photography is that it stops me looking at the world, and forces me to try to see it a little instead.’
- ‘Take a look at the great work that's been done this term in photography and graphics.’
- ‘It looked marvellous and there was a lot of inventive and well executed photography and montage.’
- ‘I felt that it might lead me to understand why photography as an art form compels my interest.’
- ‘The first rule of good sports photography is to get as close as possible to the action.’
- ‘Quentin Williams makes this point in a perceptive essay on painting and photography.’
- ‘The photography was stunning as it has been consistently, which makes me glad I do pay my license fee.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.