One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The art or practice of taking and processing photographs.
Modern photography is based on the property of silver compounds decomposing to metallic silver when exposed to light. The light-sensitive salts are held in an emulsion (in color film, layers of emulsion) usually mounted on transparent roll film
- ‘The photography was stunning as it has been consistently, which makes me glad I do pay my license fee.’
- ‘On his return he purchased his first Leica camera and began to explore photography on the streets.’
- ‘I felt that it might lead me to understand why photography as an art form compels my interest.’
- ‘Quentin Williams makes this point in a perceptive essay on painting and photography.’
- ‘His new art of photography had demonstrated its promise but had remained in a drawer during this period.’
- ‘Now she is in her second year at Dun Laoghaire Art College, studying photography.’
- ‘Magic awaits in the two upstairs galleries, the magic that makes up the art of photography.’
- ‘The first rule of good sports photography is to get as close as possible to the action.’
- ‘This is photography as an art form as you will never have seen it before.’
- ‘He enjoyed photography and liked to take still life shots and photographs of the countryside.’
- ‘At this time the influence of the cinema began to influence both still photography and painting.’
- ‘That explains why she tried so hard to achieve the effect of painting in photography.’
- ‘More importantly, food photography allows Tony to indulge in his passion for art.’
- ‘Take a look at the great work that's been done this term in photography and graphics.’
- ‘The main character's a photographer so there's quite a bit of photography going on in the movie.’
- ‘Time is aiming it at graphic designers and those working with digital photography.’
- ‘What I love about photography is that it stops me looking at the world, and forces me to try to see it a little instead.’
- ‘The firm has just branched out into doing canvas prints and fine art photography.’
- ‘In many ways, I think the article applies to photography in magazines generally.’
- ‘It looked marvellous and there was a lot of inventive and well executed photography and montage.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.