Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who takes photographs, especially as a job.‘a freelance press photographer’
lensman, paparazzo, documentariancameramansnappershutterbugphotographistView synonyms
- ‘At what point should a photographer put away the camera and remember his humanity?’
- ‘He also earned himself a reputation as a documentary photographer in wartime.’
- ‘No matter how horrific the image, the photographer has documentary evidence on his side.’
- ‘Even the most amateur of photographers can snap perfect shots in this idyllic place.’
- ‘I was surrounded by about 100 photographers who had their cameras trained on me.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.