One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The commercial development and printing of film.
- ‘The staff at that time consisted of Mr Strasser, his wife, a typist and a packer, besides the staff in the professional photography, retail dealer and wholesale photo finishing departments.’
- ‘Some analysts also argue that the old printing behavior will return, and the photo finishing businesses simply need to adapt to the technology.’
- ‘Instead of using film, we will be transferring our images for photofinishing via the computer networks.’
- ‘If a frame shop has a computer, Internet connection and scanner then no other equipment is needed to work with a photo-finishing service.’
- ‘Many photo-finishing services print on photo paper or watercolor paper and can produce the increasingly popular canvas transfers.’
- ‘Digital photography, as well as digital photofinishing, have resolved many of these problems, but in the process, have caused many others.’
- ‘However, when a local service isn't available, or isn't convenient, you can use one of the many on-line photo finishing services such as Shutterfly or Snapfish.’
- ‘There would be Kodak (of course), their big photofinishing partners, and maybe some competitors.’
- ‘He works at a photo-finishing lab where he spends his days touching up other people's photos while his manager reads magazines and listens to blaring death-metal.’
- ‘In Detroit, his father, Charles, took over a photo-finishing company that became large and profitable.’
- ‘Many photo-finishing services charge framers and other retailers wholesale prices for their work while allowing the framer to charge whatever they want for the finished piece.’
- ‘I have been employed for nearly two decades in the photo finishing industry as a senior technician, working on numerous types of optical photofinishing equipment, and now, digital photofinishing equipment.’
- ‘Some kiosk printers use traditional silverbased photographic paper just like you would expect from a one-hour minilab or professional photo finishing retailer.’
- ‘It is now betting its future in digital terrain - from cameras, inkjet paper and online photofinishing to photo kiosks and minilabs, X-ray systems and commercial printers.’
- ‘Traditional photo processors are expected to offer digital photofinishing services in their retail centers.’
- ‘The online photofinishing wars were supposed to be simple.’
- ‘PhotoSave, a photo-finishing company in Columbus, Ohio, takes orders by U.S. mail and via the Internet.’
- ‘Kodak grew into an icon on the strength of its traditional film, paper and photofinishing businesses.’
- ‘For years, optical photography and photofinishing have been plagued with countless image anomalies caused by static discharge, dust, chemical activity, "light fogging" and many other problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.