One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The emission of electrons from a surface caused by the action of light striking it.
- ‘The papers in this special issue demonstrate some of the new directions in photoemission.’
- ‘They then imaged the sample with x-ray photoemission electron microscopy, a recently developed technique that gives a microscopic map of the magnetic structure.’
- ‘So far, searches for this separation have concentrated on detecting its effect on many-body correlation functions with photoemission, optical, magnetic or tunnelling spectroscopies.’
- ‘In the 1950s, researchers began measuring binding energies of core electrons by x-ray photoemission.’
- ‘Experiments have demonstrated that removing an electron from a metal results in a very narrow peak in the photoemission spectrum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.