One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by or involving the emission of electrons from a surface by the action of light.
- ‘A solar cell uses the photoelectric effect to create an energy imbalance within the cell which can be used to drive some load.’
- ‘It soon became clear in the next few years that the particles emitted in the photoelectric effect were indeed electrons.’
- ‘Too much of the potential triggering energy of the degraded gammas is dissipated in Compton and photoelectric interactions.’
- ‘Materials of high atomic energy may exhibit photoelectric absorption, the energy of gamma rays is then transferred to an electron, which is then ejected from the atomic shield.’
- ‘A structure or space in the shadow of an efficient photoelectric generator surface already possesses this characteristic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.