Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting treatment for cancer involving the injection of a cytotoxic compound that is relatively inactive until activated by a laser beam after collecting in the tumor.
- ‘The efficacy of photodynamic treatment may be increased by adjuvant treatments.’
- ‘New treatments such as photodynamic therapy and macular surgery may limit the extent of visual loss and in a few cases even restore sight.’
- ‘He also did original work in photodynamic therapy for bladder cancers.’
- ‘It is suitable for a number of medical applications including photodynamic therapy for cancer treatments, ophthalmology, and dermatology.’
- ‘Other options include endoscopic ablation with thermal or photodynamic therapy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.