One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dissociation of a chemical compound by the action of light.
- ‘The size of the peak indicates complete photodissociation of carbon monoxide.’
- ‘This involves photodissociation or direct breaking of intramolecular bonds in biopolymers, caused by absorption of incident photons and subsequent release of biological material.’
- ‘Oxygen would be produced by photodissociation of water vapour.’
- ‘This method is also useful to probe the oxygen on/off rates, especially when the quantum yield for oxygen photodissociation is low.’
- ‘The retention of motion in heme proteins in sugar glasses is also shown by the recombination of CO after photodissociation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.