Dissociation of a chemical compound by the action of light.
- ‘The retention of motion in heme proteins in sugar glasses is also shown by the recombination of CO after photodissociation.’
- ‘This method is also useful to probe the oxygen on/off rates, especially when the quantum yield for oxygen photodissociation is low.’
- ‘This involves photodissociation or direct breaking of intramolecular bonds in biopolymers, caused by absorption of incident photons and subsequent release of biological material.’
- ‘The size of the peak indicates complete photodissociation of carbon monoxide.’
- ‘Oxygen would be produced by photodissociation of water vapour.’