One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device that detects or responds to incident light by using the electrical effect of individual photons.
- ‘In the simple experiment, a converging lens focuses laser light from two pinholes onto two different photodetectors.’
- ‘So far, we've made nanoscale lasers, photodetectors, and ribbons that serve as flexible sub-wavelength optical waveguides.’
- ‘The rear and front surfaces of an object are covered with a material containing an array of photodetectors and light emitters respectively.’
- ‘A plurality of photodetectors is used to detect the light and determine a first three-dimensional position of the interaction.’
- ‘As the optical input signal (blue line) to a photodetector increases, the electrical output signal (red line) increases proportionally, and then begins to deviate from linear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.