One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a substance or object) be decomposed by the action of light, especially sunlight.‘the fiber will photodegrade in about 6 months’
- ‘Instead they "photodegrade," a process whereby sunlight breaks them into progressively smaller pieces, all of which are still plastic polymers.’
- ‘Spartan herbicide does not photodegrade at the soil surface.’
- ‘The data of Table 4 show that lignin samples mixed with UV screens showed less tendency to photodegrade than similar samples in the absence of UV screens.’
- ‘Temporary erosion control blankets (ECBs) can be constructed of both natural and synthetic fibers and nettings that will either photodegrade or biodegrade over a specified period of time.’
- ‘Unfortunately, I do not believe this action will stop the buildup of plastic particulates, the photodegraded bits of plastic trash that now outweigh plankton in much of the ocean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.