One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a substance or object) be decomposed by the action of light, especially sunlight.‘the fiber will photodegrade in about 6 months’
- ‘Instead they "photodegrade," a process whereby sunlight breaks them into progressively smaller pieces, all of which are still plastic polymers.’
- ‘Unfortunately, I do not believe this action will stop the buildup of plastic particulates, the photodegraded bits of plastic trash that now outweigh plankton in much of the ocean.’
- ‘The data of Table 4 show that lignin samples mixed with UV screens showed less tendency to photodegrade than similar samples in the absence of UV screens.’
- ‘Temporary erosion control blankets (ECBs) can be constructed of both natural and synthetic fibers and nettings that will either photodegrade or biodegrade over a specified period of time.’
- ‘Spartan herbicide does not photodegrade at the soil surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.