One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine for making photocopies.
- ‘Such a device will do the functions of a printer, a scanner, a photocopier and a fax machine.’
- ‘Ultimately the quest is to create a photocopier that copies objects!’
- ‘You might remember the Soviet Union once had strong controls and licensing of photocopiers and fax machines - and look at where it got them.’
- ‘Just as he was about to make what, in retrospect, can be identified as his breakthrough, he detoured into a series of conceptual works involving photocopiers and fax machines.’
- ‘New technologies have re-introduced iconic information via television, computers, photocopiers, fax machines and the Internet.’
- ‘The telephone, the camera, the photocopier, the fax machine are all old hat, but they remain for me no less mysterious than the miracles of Christ.’
- ‘While this broad category includes heavy machinery, it's also where statisticians place computers, fax machines, photocopiers and printers.’
- ‘Its business centre provides access to PCs with Internet connection, printers, fax machines, photocopiers, mobile phones, and full secretarial and translation services.’
- ‘Cuba has banned sales to the public of computers, along with photocopiers, printers, and mimeograph machines.’
- ‘Increasingly instructors require effective and up-to-date libraries, computerized databases and Internet sources, photocopiers, fax machines, projectors, and video.’
- ‘Employees who didn't resign or retire were moved to other stores selling office machines such as photocopiers, he said.’
- ‘That last proviso might have given whale oil entrepreneurs the power to veto electric lighting or allowed mimeograph machine manufacturers to nix photocopiers.’
- ‘The hotel's business centre has all a corporate guest needs to do work, with such facilities as secretarial assistance, computer rentals, fax machines, translators, photocopiers, internet and more.’
- ‘I'd say they were left over from the days of duplicating machines, before photocopiers.’
- ‘Does she believe that Parliament is acting in accordance with the intention of the New Zealand waste strategy, and is it leading by example when it refuses to purchase recycled paper for use in its printers and photocopiers?’
- ‘It has been burgled on a number of occasions and lost most of its equipment, including a photocopier and a fax machine.’
- ‘Laser printers and photocopiers emit ozone, a gas known to cause eye, nose, and throat irritation and headaches, and impair your ability to stay focused.’
- ‘People had been here for hours and taken anything they could get their hands on - computers, coffee machines and even some photocopiers.’
- ‘A growing application of tellurium is in electrical and electronic devices, such as photocopiers, printers, and infrared detection systems.’
- ‘Similar battles were fought over the printing press, photocopier, mechanical piano, radio and television.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.