One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of chemistry concerned with the chemical effects of light.
- ‘Early in the 20th century, new discoveries in photochemistry and photophysics improved both theoretical and empirical understandings of the behavior of electromagnetic radiation.’
- ‘In photochemistry and photobiology, it is often assumed that the noncovalent association of a photosensitizer to its target will lead to more effective damage because diffusion-limited processes are eliminated.’
- ‘The photoisomerization of C = C double bond is the basic subject of photochemistry.’
- ‘Commercial applications of photochemistry include photography, optical-brighteners and luminescent products.’
- ‘My hope is for a big increase for research into electrochemistry in hopes of finding better materials for making batteries combined with a big increase for research into photochemistry to find better materials for making photovoltaics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.