One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of chemistry concerned with the chemical effects of light.
- ‘The photoisomerization of C = C double bond is the basic subject of photochemistry.’
- ‘Commercial applications of photochemistry include photography, optical-brighteners and luminescent products.’
- ‘In photochemistry and photobiology, it is often assumed that the noncovalent association of a photosensitizer to its target will lead to more effective damage because diffusion-limited processes are eliminated.’
- ‘My hope is for a big increase for research into electrochemistry in hopes of finding better materials for making batteries combined with a big increase for research into photochemistry to find better materials for making photovoltaics.’
- ‘Early in the 20th century, new discoveries in photochemistry and photophysics improved both theoretical and empirical understandings of the behavior of electromagnetic radiation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.