One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The acceleration of a chemical reaction by light.
- ‘This investigation is exciting because it promises to provide fundamental scientific breakthroughs in chemical synthesis, self-assembly, electron and energy transfer processes, and photocatalysis.’
- ‘The photocatalysis effect comes about because TiO 2 is a semiconductor that can absorb the high-energy component of sunlight.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the system does demonstrate for the first time the decontamination of a bacteria-containing air stream by photocatalysis at room temperature.’
- ‘In the area of photocatalysis, developing colloidal semiconductor systems capable of converting visible light to a useful form of energy has also been the center of attention.’
- ‘Other potential applications for photocatalysis plants could include train toilets, or around sewage and waste treatment facilities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.