Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A blog in which the postings are primarily in the form of photographs.‘I'm helping them set up a photoblog which will hopefully give everyone a chance to see some of those amazing pictures’
- ‘By the way, did you know I have a photoblog where I post photo essays?’
- ‘I posted a bunch of new pics over at my photoblog.’
- ‘This is a pretty nice photoblog that I found based outta Brooklyn.’
- ‘I'll take pictures of my day and post in on my photoblog.’
- ‘I posted a full size picture over in the photoblog.’
- ‘I am happy to link from here to there, but not vice versa, because I intend revealing the photoblog to family, friends and colleagues.’
- ‘I have created a photoblog.’
- ‘Update: There are some new images on the photoblog now.’
- ‘So the "photo of the day" concept doesn't do much for me, but maybe the photoblog is a good way to organize work to see what stands the test of time.’
- ‘If you have linked directly to a picture on this site, or on my photoblog, you will find a blank space where the photo used to be.’
- ‘A good photoblog is like a good blog.’
- ‘Those of you who have visited my photoblog may think that my passion in photography lies in capturing scenery, landscapes and inanimate objects.’
- ‘I just did some work on the photoblog to make it easier to navigate.’
- ‘We demand that your weblog has a photoblog attached to it.’
- ‘He's also a bit of a photography nut (here's his photoblog).’
- ‘I was looking through my stats for my photoblog.’
- ‘There gotta be a few good photoblogs out there, I thought today, and I started looking for them.’
- ‘He has just added an excellent tutorial on how to do night photography to his photoblog.’
- ‘I think of this weblog as more of a photoblog.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.