One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the effects of light on living organisms.
- ‘The search for new compounds with potential photosensitization activity for biological systems is relevant to the science of photobiology.’
- ‘These data demonstrate the usefulness of these assays for environmental photobiology and the potential for their use in studying the relative impacts of UVB versus UVA, including ozone depletion events.’
- ‘Mice, because of their size, cost and ease of handling, are used regularly for experiments in photobiology and immunology.’
- ‘The results obtained, being important for photobiology from a fundamental point of view, may have relevance to the cancer biology and DNA communities.’
- ‘A variety of light sources have been used in the literature of photobiology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.