One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a substance) capable of a chemical or physical change in response to illumination.
- ‘By contrast, in the case of hydrogen abstraction, the ketone on rose bengal would become reduced to the alcohol, and the resulting molecule is no longer photoactive.’
- ‘None of the subjects had a history of photosensitivity, was receiving photoactive medication, or had sunbathed within 3 months of participating in the study.’
- ‘The team used chromophores with very large two-photon absorption cross sections to develop photoactive materials, and tuned the laser to excite the dyes.’
- ‘The supramolecular assembly of photoactive materials into thin film architectures is a topic of current theoretical and experimental interest and of significant practical importance in photoelectric devices.’
- ‘PYP belongs to the group of photoactive proteins including the rhodopsins, the phytochromes, and the cryptochromes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.