One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verbphotoing, photoes, photoed[with object]informal
Take a photograph of.‘do we wait till you've had him photoed?’
- ‘Derek Savage and Matthew Clancy are photoed celebrating a score.’
- ‘The CSTs have photoed her but they've come back outside until they're needed.’
- ‘West Mayo is full of Marian statues and my favourite is the one in Kilmeena which I've photoed more than once.’
- ‘It's quite refreshing to not feel like I'm holding anyone up with my photoing everything when we're both as eager to get a shot.’
- ‘I don't think you can photo things like Servitors or summon Hermes to visible appearance on Oprah.’
- ‘Linda has gone off to photo some Naxi woman and I am just chilling for the day.’
- ‘All I need is for Mick Jagger to ask me to photo one of his gigs and I'm all made up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.