One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Introduce a phosphate group into (a molecule or compound)‘glucose is normally phosphorylated as soon as it enters the cell’
- ‘First, it phosphorylates glycogen synthase, an enzyme that binds glucoses into the storage molecule, glycogen.’
- ‘Following sucrose cleavage by invertase, the liberated glucose and fructose are phosphorylated before undergoing further metabolism.’
- ‘This flavoprotein is a serine-threonine protein kinase able to phosphorylate its serine and threonine residues.’
- ‘In general, protein kinases are enzymes that phosphorylate proteins, which then become activated.’
- ‘These kinases have various substrates and have been shown to phosphorylate such diverse proteins as transcription factors, metabolic enzymes, ion pumps and cytoskeletal components.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.