One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that hydrolyzes lecithin or a similar phospholipid.
- ‘The degree of association varies greatly with the phospholipase.’
- ‘UVC might lead to membrane perturbation resulting in activation of a phospholipase that releases linolenic acid, the precursor for oxylipin synthesis.’
- ‘A recent study indicated that ExoU is a member of the phospholipase A family of enzymes, possessing phospholipase A2 activity.’
- ‘Thus, the mode of action of the phospholipase on the synthetic substrate methyl-FLIP is the same as on its natural substrate.’
- ‘Secretory phospholipase A 2 has been studied for many years as a model for the action of an enzyme at a lipid/water interface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.