Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme that hydrolyzes lecithin or a similar phospholipid.
- ‘A recent study indicated that ExoU is a member of the phospholipase A family of enzymes, possessing phospholipase A2 activity.’
- ‘Secretory phospholipase A 2 has been studied for many years as a model for the action of an enzyme at a lipid/water interface.’
- ‘The degree of association varies greatly with the phospholipase.’
- ‘Thus, the mode of action of the phospholipase on the synthetic substrate methyl-FLIP is the same as on its natural substrate.’
- ‘UVC might lead to membrane perturbation resulting in activation of a phospholipase that releases linolenic acid, the precursor for oxylipin synthesis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.