One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme which breaks a phosphodiester bond in an oligonucleotide.
- ‘Calf spleen phosphodiesterase, snake venom phosphodiesterase and alkaline phosphatase were from Roche Molecular Biochemicals (Meylan, France).’
- ‘Its mechanism of action is thought to involve inhibition of cyclic adenosine monophosphate phosphodiesterase and enhancement of the effect of prostaglandin I2.’
- ‘In isolated cilia and in intact olfactory receptor neurons, studies have shown basal activities of both adenylate cyclase and cAMP phosphodiesterase.’
- ‘Cilostazol blocks the activity of the enzyme phosphodiesterase which induces platelet aggregation and prevents the degradation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP).’
- ‘One technique involves using drugs, such as a growth hormone, to activate a molecule known as ERK5, which suppresses the enzyme phosphodiesterase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.