Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for lecithin
- ‘These include the biosynthetic pathways for creatine, epinephrine, phosphatidylcholine, and the methylation of DNA and RNA.’
- ‘These studies indicate that the protein exhibits highest selectivity for the choline phospholipids phosphatidylcholine and sphingomyelin under physiological conditions of pH and ionic strength.’
- ‘Choline chloride and phosphatidylcholine, which are orally bioavailable precursors of acetylcholine, have been reported to be useful in short-term studies.’
- ‘Importantly, enzymatic degradation of cellular phosphatidylcholine does not affect cellular cholesterol esterification.’
- ‘Lecithin is also known as phosphatidylcholine because it provides choline.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.