One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly of rocks and fertilizer) containing or consisting of phosphates.
- ‘The basal part of the transgressive sandstone contains erosion surfaces, reworked bioclasts, phosphatic and glauconite pellets.’
- ‘In time the combination solidifies to a phosphatic rock that, in crumbling, provides soil in which vegetation may take root.’
- ‘The dissolution of limestones in weak acid is now a standard palaeontological laboratory technique, and has been used extensively to isolate phosphatic microfossils of all types from Paleozoic carbonates.’
- ‘The sample was taken from a thin limestone lens with phosphatic oolites within the phosphatic greensand.’
- ‘Nodules rich in phosphatic material are found in residual accumulations along disconformities, such as bone beds or lag deposits in marine limestones and shales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.