An enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of organic phosphates in a specified (acid or alkaline) environment.
- ‘The granules contain several enzymes: alkaline phosphatase, collagenase, and lysozyme.’
- ‘Immunohistochemical detection by, for example, alkaline phosphatase or peroxidase has been utilized in some papers.’
- ‘Patients presenting with obstructive jaundice show increases in serum bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, and glutamyl transferase.’
- ‘A phosphatase inhibitor, sodium vanadate, reduced the effect of alkaline phosphatase and the p48 band remained undetectable.’
- ‘Laboratory findings included elevated levels of alkaline phosphatase and lactate dehydrogenase.’