One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The list contains words that prove very difficult to recode phonologically because of the complex orthographic patterns they comprise.’
- ‘Strictly speaking, not even the vowels are phonologically autonomous in most accents of English.’
- ‘The difficulty of this contrast is that the phonemes included were phonologically similar, though contrastive.’
- ‘Third, erroneous responses on expressive naming tasks by both good and poor readers are often phonologically similar to the target item.’
- ‘Although there is considerable information about phonologically based reading disabilities, there is insufficient information about poor readers who have intact phonological skills but severe naming-speed problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.