One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A symbol representing a vocal sound.
- ‘Many phonics programs teach the blends as separate phonograms.’
- ‘Words could be written using only phonograms or ideograms, but most used a combination of both.’
- ‘Although it is often difficult to decide whether a sign is an ideogram or a phonogram.’
- ‘While it is possible that the Egyptians borrowed the idea for ideograms and phonograms from the Sumerians, many experts think that would be very unlikely.’
- ‘The most crucial distinction is that Chinese is ideogram, but nushu is, on the contrary, a phonogram that represents local dialect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.