One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A method of teaching people to read by correlating sounds with letters or groups of letters in an alphabetic writing system.
- ‘The primary focus of our teacher's reading instruction was phonics and reading fluency.’
- ‘The role of phonics in reading and writing instruction has become as much a political issue as an educational one.’
- ‘In the crucial early years of a child's education we need phonics and only phonics.’
- ‘For reading, it's phonics, phonics, phonics, supplemented with literature when the kids are ready for it.’
- ‘One class in particular is the Early Literacy class, which is well taught and focuses on phonics and other early reading methods mandated by the State of California.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.