One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He sounded phlegmy on some low notes - not necessarily the lowest, and he seemed to be straining for the high notes.’
- ‘Callum's had a yucky, phlegmy cough for 4 weeks now.’
- ‘Geoffrey Rush, playing the villainous, pop-eyed seadog Barbossa in this enjoyable romp, gives it his best shot, a phlegmy gargle of rage.’
- ‘Rustling papers, shifting chairs, and phlegmy throats soon wove a tapestry of irritating background noise that climaxed with one broken neck and one unhappy man - to the hilarity of all, I might add.’
- ‘He was feeling a little phlegmy and just wanted to spit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.