One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Radiography of the veins carried out after injection of a radiopaque substance.
- ‘Durbec et al found a 6.6% incidence of iliofemoral DVT (3% in control limbs) using phlebography and concluded, in contrast to others, that this incidence was acceptable.’
- ‘Such algorithms limit the requirement for phlebography and pulmonary angiography to a small fraction of patients suspected of the disease.’
- ‘Invasive venous tests can be performed as well, including ascending and descending venous phlebography.’
- ‘Venous leg ulcers were diagnosed according to clinical criteria and confirmed with duplex Doppler ultrasonography, ascending phlebography, and foot volumetry when the ulcers had healed.’
- ‘However, this system may be most appropriate for vascular specialists and surgeons due to its complexity and requirement for objective testing using Doppler studies, duplex scanning, plethysmography, and phlebography.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.