One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Long-term studies of this population indicate high natal and adult philopatry in general, with males being more philopatric than females.’
- ‘Studies of highly kin-structured mammal societies have revealed the importance of natal philopatry in determining the distribution of genetic variation within populations.’
- ‘For colonial seabirds, studies of natal dispersal are numerous, and two levels of natal philopatry have been recognized: philopatry to the natal colony and within the colony philopatry to the natal breeding site.’
- ‘The name for this stay-at-home behavior is philopatry, a term derived from the Greek for ‘home-loving’ and loosely defined as the tendency of an individual to remain in its birthplace as an adult.’
- ‘First-time breeders that came back to breed within their natal colony showed strong philopatry toward their natal breeding sites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.