One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For example, Davis treats various kinds of ambiguity that are philologically quite different on more or less the same plane.’
- ‘It's do or die as six deliciously geeky, philologically-industrious twelve-year-olds battle it out for glory in the spelling championship of a lifetime.’
- ‘Because of such developments, the term Indo-European is still historically, philologically, and taxonomically sound, but it has lost its geographical rationale.’
- ‘Twentieth-century approaches to palaeography included the philologically based methods of Ludwig Traube of Munich and the technical and aesthetic perceptions of E. A. Lowe.’
- ‘The German view of philologically interesting mythologies pregnant with sophisticated ideas proved uncommonly congenial to the British.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.