One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounPhilosophy
- ‘This phenomenalist mathematical analysis seemed to reveal the gradual diversion of populations under specifiable selective pressures, as expected by traditional Darwinian gradualism.’
- ‘In the next passages, she also reveals a phenomenalist view about the individuality of physical objects: their ‘being’ is based on appearances, and not anything intrinsic.’
- ‘Mach sought to reformulate Newtonian mechanics from a phenomenalist standpoint.’
- ‘But these experiential regularities are object-dependent, whereas the phenomenalist needs object-independent regularities concerning experiences alone.’
- ‘Having made this return journey from a version of phenomenalism or something close to it, Russell reconsidered problems which he now felt had not been properly dealt with under his phenomenalist assumptions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.