One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectivePhilosophy
- ‘Having made this return journey from a version of phenomenalism or something close to it, Russell reconsidered problems which he now felt had not been properly dealt with under his phenomenalist assumptions.’
- ‘Mach sought to reformulate Newtonian mechanics from a phenomenalist standpoint.’
- ‘This phenomenalist mathematical analysis seemed to reveal the gradual diversion of populations under specifiable selective pressures, as expected by traditional Darwinian gradualism.’
- ‘But these experiential regularities are object-dependent, whereas the phenomenalist needs object-independent regularities concerning experiences alone.’
- ‘In the next passages, she also reveals a phenomenalist view about the individuality of physical objects: their ‘being’ is based on appearances, and not anything intrinsic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.