One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An individual showing features characteristic of a genotype other than its own, but produced environmentally rather than genetically.
- ‘While transposon mutagenesis involves elaborate PCR screening, RNAi generates only gene-specific phenocopies of loss-of-function mutations and does not always cause a true null phenotype.’
- ‘Recently we and others have used double-stranded RNA interference to generate null phenocopies of specific genes in Drosophila.’
- ‘On the basis of these data and the observation that antisense expression of At4g29830 resulted in a phenocopy of the vip phenotype, we concluded that At4g29830 is the VIP3 gene.’
- ‘Lymphocytes were suspended in the culture medium and stored in a plastic culture bottle for 18 h at 4°C to prevent phenocopies.’
- ‘RNA interference with maxillopedia double-stranded RNA results in phenocopies of mxp mutant phenotypes ranging from partial to complete transformations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.