One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An individual showing features characteristic of a genotype other than its own, but produced environmentally rather than genetically.
- ‘Lymphocytes were suspended in the culture medium and stored in a plastic culture bottle for 18 h at 4°C to prevent phenocopies.’
- ‘Recently we and others have used double-stranded RNA interference to generate null phenocopies of specific genes in Drosophila.’
- ‘RNA interference with maxillopedia double-stranded RNA results in phenocopies of mxp mutant phenotypes ranging from partial to complete transformations.’
- ‘While transposon mutagenesis involves elaborate PCR screening, RNAi generates only gene-specific phenocopies of loss-of-function mutations and does not always cause a true null phenotype.’
- ‘On the basis of these data and the observation that antisense expression of At4g29830 resulted in a phenocopy of the vip phenotype, we concluded that At4g29830 is the VIP3 gene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.