One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excellent.‘a phat and funky sound’
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, splendid, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate, outstandingView synonyms
- ‘I marched over to the dance section, grabbed the CD and bought it - on the strength of one phat track.’
- ‘The bass is consistently phat, driving underneath the vocal and keyboard tracks and matching up perfectly.’
- ‘I was reminiscing about the past and I was chatting about a pretty, phat girl.’
- ‘A couple of the other girls on the shoot with her were more phat, but Keisha just has something over them, you know?’
- ‘It is the essence of stunning creativity, whether embodied in a Picasso sculpture, a Mozart opera, or a phat video game.’
1970s (originally used to describe a woman, in the sense ‘sexy, attractive’): of uncertain origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.