One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Variation of the phase of a radio or other wave as a means of carrying information such as an audio signal.
- ‘Changes in the wavelength for the maximum signal are used to directly determine the spectral phase modulation of the femtosecond pulse.’
- ‘This rotation can cause amplitude and phase modulation of the GPS signal, reducing navigation performance and effectiveness of traditional anti-jam systems.’
- ‘The amplitude and phase modulation of the NMR-signal as a function of the displacement encoding steps can be Fourier transformed to obtain the propagator.’
- ‘Phase Jitter is the unwanted phase modulation of a primary signal by one or more other signals through the transmission process.’
- ‘The system carries out a new phase scan to determine the remaining spectral phase modulation (usually about 10% of the original).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.