One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of pharmacology concerned with the movement of drugs within the body.
- ‘Genetics influence drug efficacy and pharmacokinetics in individuals through variability uptake and metabolism of medications.’
- ‘For those who teach basic principles of medicinal chemistry, pharmacology or pharmacokinetics this book provides a valuable resource for examples and mechanisms of drug-drug interactions.’
- ‘As oral cephalosporins have poor pharmacokinetics it would seem that amoxicillin or amoxicillin-clavulanate should usually be the first choice for therapy.’
- ‘Because of the large inter-individual variability in indomethacin pharmacokinetic in neonates, it is to be established to what degree the patient characteristics influence the pharmacokinetics of drugs.’
- ‘Methadone's unique pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics make it a valuable option in the management of cancer pain and other chronic pain, including neuropathic pain states.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.