One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of pharmacology concerned with the effects of drugs and the mechanism of their action.
- ‘Does the patient have any metabolic impairments that would alter the pharmacokinetics or the pharmacodynamics of the drug (ie, impaired renal or liver function)?’
- ‘The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of drugs can change unpredictably in patients at the end of life.’
- ‘The first section is dedicated to the fundamental principles of toxicology, including chapters on postmortem forensic toxicology, performance toxicology, forensic drug testing, and pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.’
- ‘Its unique pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics make methadone a valuable option, but physicians should be aware of possible side effects.’
- ‘Although age-related analgesic effects are extremely variable among elderly patients, changes in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics could account for various adverse effects in this population.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.