One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is professionally qualified to prepare and dispense medicinal drugs.
- ‘In brief, the general practitioner writes a prescription which the patient takes to the pharmacist.’
- ‘The decision will keep the drug behind counters so pharmacists can control sales.’
- ‘Talk to a pharmacist regarding the drug's potential risk at least, if not your doctor.’
- ‘Men also access health information from pharmacists much less than do women.’
- ‘Ask your pharmacist for advice and always follow the instructions about dosage.’
- ‘The oral rinses were dispensed by pharmacists and were administered by staff nurses.’
- ‘Patient medication records are a requirement for professional standards of good practice for pharmacists.’
- ‘Call your pharmacist or doctor if you do not know if the medicine has aspirin in it.’
- ‘We examined data on all NHS methadone prescriptions dispensed by community pharmacists in England.’
- ‘Taking antihistamine tablets may also help reduce itching - ask your pharmacist for advice.’
- ‘Ask your pharmacist for an over-the-counter insecticide lotion or crème rinse.’
- ‘Most pharmacists who suspect a drug is being abused either refuse to sell the product or claim it is out of stock.’
- ‘Follow instructions on the packaging or check the dosage with your pharmacist.’
- ‘Your pharmacist can advise you on simple medicines and/or gripe water that will help prevent colic.’
- ‘In Manitoba alone, pharmacists are already reporting drug shortages and prices are rising.’
- ‘Anyone who wishes to identify an unknown drug can check the code on the pill and ask a pharmacist.’
- ‘They were both trained pharmacists and owned a chemists shop in Tarnow where they dispensed medicines.’
- ‘If you notice that the eczema gets worse, it is important that you talk to your pharmacist or doctor to discuss alternatives.’
- ‘The health team members include medical doctors, pharmacists, nurses and many others.’
- ‘Drug stocks in the warehouse are recorded regularly by the pharmacists using web based stock cards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.