1Pharmaceutical companies collectively as a sector of industry.
- ‘Social psychological research has repeatedly shown that doctors misjudge the influence exerted on them by big pharma's gifts and representatives.’
- ‘The effective cure of the biggest killer in the Western world would have been a triumph for mankind, medicine, and big pharma.’
- ‘In sickness and in wealth, big pharma remains the most profitable industry in America.’
- ‘Among the many wiles exposed are big pharma's use of contract research organisations to exert undue influence over clinical research and its insidious seduction of doctors.’
- ‘Academia does more basic research than pharma; pharma does more clinical work than academia.’
2A pharmaceutical company.
- ‘The pharmas have been very averse to lowering those prices in the developing world for fear that it will set a precedent.’
- ‘The big pharmas are always whining that their drugs have to cost so much because their R & D costs are so high.’
- ‘It already has two drugs on the market and has numerous alliances with larger pharmas.’
- ‘Weighing up the risks, Pfizer faces the normal development delays and setbacks which pharmas encounter with regard to the timing, efficacy and market potential of new products.’
- ‘‘Most pharmas sell chemically produced products,’ he said.’