One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Since Pharisaism is a continual problem for Christians, the preacher would do well to identify with the crowd, not with John.’
- ‘What is old is the Judaism of Jesus' day, especially the kind of legalistic Pharisaism with which Jesus had so much conflict.’
- ‘In Geiger's account, Pharisaism is transformed from a debased and rarified empty ritualism to a commitment to innovation and to the democratization of priestly functions.’
- ‘But there is much in Jesus’ teaching that is plainly counter-Pharisaic, including the antitheses of the Sermon on the Mount, which set Jesus well outside the frontiers of Pharisaism.’
- ‘There is much piety not born of gratitude, and perhaps that is the most likely to lead to Pharisaism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.