One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
dreamlike, phantasmagoric, psychedelic, kaleidoscopic, surreal, unreal, illusory, visionary, hallucinatory, fantastic, fantastical, chimerical, nightmarish, kafkaesqueView synonyms
- ‘The company is the dance equivalent of Salvador Dali, creating weird phantasmagorical worlds.’
- ‘The works are beguilingly small, and in clean acrylic colours on canvas, have a phantasmagorical kaleidoscopic effect, which is dizzying in its intensity.’
- ‘Increasingly his memories collide with phantasmagorical Circles of Hell and apocalyptic visions.’
- ‘Its contents were by turns phantasmagorical, hyperreal, surreal, and saturnalian.’
- ‘They released a string of brilliantly weird hits with phantasmagorical Tim Pope videos and amassed huge success in America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.