One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
dreamlike, phantasmagoric, psychedelic, kaleidoscopic, surreal, unreal, illusory, visionary, hallucinatory, fantastic, fantastical, chimerical, nightmarish, kafkaesqueView synonyms
- ‘They released a string of brilliantly weird hits with phantasmagorical Tim Pope videos and amassed huge success in America.’
- ‘Its contents were by turns phantasmagorical, hyperreal, surreal, and saturnalian.’
- ‘The works are beguilingly small, and in clean acrylic colours on canvas, have a phantasmagorical kaleidoscopic effect, which is dizzying in its intensity.’
- ‘The company is the dance equivalent of Salvador Dali, creating weird phantasmagorical worlds.’
- ‘Increasingly his memories collide with phantasmagorical Circles of Hell and apocalyptic visions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.