One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These scenes of retrieval of the past are presented as Jones's dreams or hallucinations, half-light phantasmagoric visions.’
- ‘Once Banks arrives in Shanghai, however, the story enters a more phantasmagoric world, and nightmarish and unreal events seem to occur.’
- ‘It possessed a phantasmagoric nightmarish atmosphere, as you might have anticipated from a ballet inspired by Goya's gritty, bitter 18th century etchings Los Caprichos.’
- ‘It's an unreal, phantasmagoric place, Ford's America: an unashamedly sublime, romantic, sinister spectacle.’
- ‘Yet the realist vision shifts to the phantasmagoric, as spectator and spectacle undergo carnivalesque reversals and interpenetration, in their darkest and most violent manifestations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.