One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His courageous polemic against the tenacity of phallocentrism in Western art shines out, to quote Portia, ‘like a good deed in a naughty world.’’
- ‘Perhaps the extreme phallocentrism and misogyny expressed to varying degrees by Kid Rock and Eminem is anxiety about masculinity in a time and place where the old ways - steady industrial employment and family - no longer maintain.’
- ‘Julia Kristeva writes about opposing phallocentrism with images derived from women's corporeal experiences.’
- ‘Symptomatic of the narrative's phallocentrism is the fact that only the male protagonist comes to possess a larger understanding of the family's oppression.’
- ‘In such a world, suggests Maddin, avarice, phallocentrism, corporatism and narcissism are dominating the world and deforming it utterly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.