One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a phalanx or the phalanges.
- ‘The extremities showed stigmata of rheumatoid arthritis with symmetrical swelling of the proximal interphalangeal joints and limited range of motion and swelling of the metacarpal phalangeal joints bilaterally.’
- ‘A tooth may penetrate an extensor tendon and MCP joint capsule, sometimes fracturing a metacarpal or phalangeal bone.’
- ‘The finger and thumb flexors were transected at the proximal interphalangeal joint and metacarpal phalangeal joint, respectively.’
- ‘Most midphalangeal fractures are caused by direct blows and result in transverse fractures, whereas distal phalangeal fractures are usually a result of crushing injuries occasionally accompanied by nail-bed injuries.’
- ‘Middle and proximal phalangeal fractures should be examined for evidence of angulation (by roentgenography) or rotation (by clinical examination), which require reduction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.