One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Faint, brown, moniliform fungal elements were found in the granuloma, some of which were phagocytized by giant cells.’
- ‘The nodes contain macrophages, phagocytic cells that engulf (phagocytize) and destroy bacteria, dead tissue, and other foreign matter, removing them from the bloodstream.’
- ‘In the case of the red blood cell, the useless heterochromatin is eventually ejected from the cell and phagocytized by macrophages.’
- ‘The endothelium of the blood vessels phagocytizes carbon particles, whereas other cells are supposed to remain free of carbon.’
- ‘Although dendritic cells phagocytize apoptotic and necrotic cells to the same degree, only engulfment of necrotic cells induces dendritic cell maturation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.