One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Finally, we determined whether PPAR [gamma] activation increased CD36 expression by human AMs, and consequently augmented their phagocytic capacity for apoptotic neutrophils.’
- ‘Products of complement activation cause smooth muscle contraction and increased vascular permeability and induce degranulation of phagocytic cells, mast cells, and basophils.’
- ‘We hypothesized that AMs may be the primary cells responding to CpG motifs, because they are situated at the first-line defense in the lower respiratory tract with potent phagocytic capacity.’
- ‘Neupogen can enhance the phagocytic activities of neutrophilic leukocytes; including activity directed at autologous platelets.’
- ‘Neutrophils and monocytes are the most phagocytic of the white blood cells; they ingest foreign particles, bacteria, and degenerating cells and cell fragments whether or not they can digest them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.